1. Peroxide - Nina Nesbitt
Chanced upon this amazing album by Scottish singer-songwriter Nina Nesbitt. The title also catches your eye if you love (well, or dislike) chemistry. Btw she's 19. People are just getting famous younger, right? Favourite songs from the album: Peroxide, He's The One I'm Bringing Back, Hold You.
2. Louder - Lea Michele
As a fan of Glee, I was excited for Michele to release her solo debut album and I wasn't disappointed. In the aftermath of boyfriend Cory Monteith's death, she has channeled her emotions into this 14-track LP. Michele has said that Cannonball "has been [her] strength". "It just really explains where I am right now and it's been such an inspirational song for me." Christina Perri (Empty Handed), Sia Furler (Cannonball, Battlefield, You're Mine, If You Say So) and Bonnie McKee have written or co-wrote songs on Louder. Favourites: Thousand Needles, Empty Handed, If You Say So.
3. Pulses - Karmin
I was also looking forward to this pop duo's debut LP after falling in love with their music upon hearing their debut single, Crash Your Party, as well as their debut EP, Hello. Amazing and talented couple. You have not listened to good rapping until you have heard Amy. Seriously! Pulses is the duo's canvas for exploring new sounds. It doesn't all sound like the Karmin we know, but I love this album all the same. Nick sings a little more, and even raps on a track! Some fierce raps by Amy too, along with her flawless vocals haha. Some songs sound a bit generic, some sound like they're trying to hard, but some are indeed masterpieces. Have a listen! Favourites: Pulses, Neon Love, Hate to Love You.
Hot Chelle Rae released a new single, Don't Say Goodnight. I love HCR and I love everything that they do ahhhh and DSG is the kind of song that gets stuck in your head for weeks!! (also first release without Ian)
Lily Allen released a few songs from her upcoming album, Sheezus, due for release on 5 May 2014. The singles include Hard Out Here and Air Balloon, while L8 CMMR and Our Time were released online. I absolutely love the singles even though they're like pure pop and not really her style but they're so fun. (You HAVE TO just sing along with Hard Out Here)
Watch the video for Beating Heart:
Cher Lloyd announced her new album, Sorry I'm Late, and has thus far released 3 songs (2 singles, 1 promo). The singles being I Wish (feat. T.I.) and Sirens. She recently released Dirty Love online. Love all the tracks and I'm super excited for her album, to be released on 27 May 2014!
I guess basically that's it. BYE!












XD
ReplyDelete