CALIFORNIA.
It was amazing. First time I've ever been to the States, I was excited as donkeys! San Francisco was a beautiful city. I really enjoyed the tour of Alcatraz Island, Pier 39, the Treasure Island flea market, everything. The weather was really good, we didn't need scarves or gloves during the day, but it did help by wearing hats or turtlenecks as the wind near the pier was really cold at night. So glad I had the chance to visit UC Berkeley and Stanford University. Seeing and witnessing people following their dreams to these universities... but these dreams are not for everyone, and especially not for me though.
I was excited to be in Santa Barbara, where Katy Perry grew up in! The beach, the sea, but it wasn't like in California Gurls because it was kinda too cold to be wearing daisy dukes and bikinis. Los Angeles was fun. I got to see the city, a Clippers game at the Staples Centre, and spent a day at Disneyland Park! Not just taking the rides, but also attending a leadership workshop as part of the Disney Youth Education Series.
Okay some pictures to sum it all up.
Now moving on to music.
Ellie Goulding’s sophomore album Halcyon was released last October. I just have to say I love it to bits. It was a lot darker than I expected it to be. Anything Could Happen came as a rather happy ballad I would say, but the music video showed a different side to it. It turns out that ACH was the happiest track on the album. My favourite songs are My Blood and Figure 8. My Blood has one of the best and strongest choruses I’ve ever heard, and Ellie’s vocals on it just make it so full of emotion. Figure 8 was has dubstep influences but the chorus is so catchy I swear it’ll stay in your head days after you listen to it. Ellie Goulding released Figure 8 as the second single from the album last December. Here’s the music video, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE and watch it on my phone almost every day.
Ke$ha’s sophomore album Warrior was nothing like the Tik Tok days. She goes rock on this album but not forgetting her sing-talk style, giving birth to an album that’s full of energy and dance-friendly hits. You might have heard the lead single Die Young already, it’s still one of my favourite songs on the album, along with Wherever You Are, Wonderland, Supernatural, and Love Into the Light. Love Into the Light is the most emotional and personal track, as Ke$ha confesses that we’re all not perfect, and “maybe it’s the about the time to let all of the love back into the light”. Really love her now, much more than when she sang a sad and emotional The Harold Song back in her Cannibal days. Listen to Warrior, I’m sure you’ll love it. Here's the lyric video for C'mon, the second single from the album. THE CATS AND RABBITS ARE SO CUTE ZOMG
EXTRA:
Hilman made a new video and I was in it!! Watch me throw Wayne on the ground HAHAHAHA. The Stalker: Irshad Wannabe.
Okay that's about it. Wishing you a great year ahead!






No comments:
Post a Comment