I've just noticed that I haven't posted in more than a month. Got too much time. Wait. Too LITTLE time. Too little time for too many things. Sigh. If you really want to have an update on my life, there you go. (OK, who really wants to know what I'm doing nowadays?)
Today's the start of December. It's real fast, right? In November, I went to Penang and Ipoh (14-18 November) for holiday. More like go there to eat, eat and eat. We really ate a lot. But I didn't see any increase on the scale. :( It's so fun when you go overseas and you forgot what date or day it is. You only know, OK today is the first day. I'm gonna go to...and... Tmrw I'm gonna... Time passes so quickly when you're having fun. OK, my feet would beg to differ. But hey, I bought new shoes for them! Haha. I bought the most stuff amongst my parents and aunts. Guess what? I bought 4 polo tees, a shirt, a pair of short pants and a pair of long ones. Oh, and All-Star Converse shoes. That's all. But I'm super happy about it.
We really ate a lot of food. Local specialty food, blah and blah. Like lots of junk food. In Penang, we of course tried their Penang Laksa, Penang Fried Kway Teow, Penang Lor Mee etc. We also ate at a Thai and Japanese restaurant. Haha :) We visited the famous beach, Batu Ferringhi, as well. I still don't know why they're famous. OK fine, there are horses and buggy rides, but I heard that they're gonna disappear from the beach scene soon. :( Oh, and if you ever go to Penang, do visit Prangin Mall in KOMTAR. It's a really really big place which sells lots and lotsa stuff. Loved it. And if you need some reference, we stayed in Hotel Royal Penang. There's a Giant Hypermarket really nearby. Sad we discovered only on our last day there. Haha. :(
In Ipoh, what they call one of the little 'Food Havens', we had their well-known Ipoh Kway Teow (or Ipoh Hor Fun). And Ayam Tauge, which means Chicken and Bean Sprouts in English. That was in... half-Malay and half-Hokkien?? :O It was what I would call awesome, but I guess you can't find fatter and juicer bean sprouts in Singapore (or anyway else, for that matter) than Ipoh's. I mean, you have to try it to get what I mean. Maybe you can without trying. Whatever. I loved the Salted Chicken that was sold at almost every street in Ipoh. Just wonderful. Do we have that in Singapore? Please say yes! :( Breakfast food in the hotels were well, quite OK. You don't expect much from a hotel that gives you a room for $65 a night, do you? (The Ipoh One). I could manage better though. We got to visit a shop that sells lots and lots of crackers and tidbits. You know, murukus, tapioca crisps, prawn crackers etc. Really shiok looking at all those food.
OK FINE, I'LL POST SOME PICS HERE FOR Y'ALL TO SEE!! DO COMMENT!!
My air ticket and the free lunch coupon JetStar gave (as apology of the delay). I don't mind. I GOT FREE LUNCH!! MUAHAHAHA
Getting our free lunch from Texas Chicken.
Yum. Chicken Burger!
Whee! We're flying!
Landing!
Penang International Airport from the airplane.
It's the name of a bus service. Well, a series. Not very rapid though.
Inside our hotel room.
Our room number. 1518.
糖朝, a dessert shop we visited.
Sweet Potato Balls
Some Dragon Fruit Ice.
BUS.
Parkson Departmental Store, where I bought most of my clothes.
Thai Station, the restaurant we visited.
PINEAPPPLE FRIED RICE!!
Mango Salad
TOM YAM SOUP!!
Some beef.
Glutinous Rice with Mango
Red Ruby with Jackfruit
Nasi Lemak.
YAY CORNFLAKES!!!
ORANGE JUICE
My aunt's salad.
Horse @ Batu Ferringhi.
The alley of shops at Batu Ferringhi.
The Penang Char Kway Teow stall from outside.
Penang Fried Kway Teow!
Ice Kacang with Ice cream!
Oyster Fried.
Penang and Siam Laksa.
Scallop Sushi.
Curry Udon.
SUSHI KING!!!
Quaker Oats for breakfast.
Nasi Lemak.
The breakfast table.
Toast with strawberry jam, peanut butter and butter.
Noodle soup.
Prangin Mall KOMTAR!! :)
KOMTAR
Jalan Penang from an overhead bridge.
On the coach, setting off for Ipoh. This is Prangin Mall.
On Penang Bridge.
On some highway.
Almost reaching the bus terminal in Ipoh
HOTEL EXCELSIOR!!
Ipoh Hor Fun
Ipoh Hor Fun
Chicken satay
Our travel agency.
Our hotel room.
Fried Kway Teow.
Curry Chicken.
CORNFLAKES!!
The Tauge Ayam restaurant we visited.
Tauge.
Chicken.
Char Siew which is really sweet. But it's still nice.
Soy Bean Curd. 豆花 :)
Salted Chicken. Really yummy!
The start of an 8-hour bus ride back to Singapore on the last day.
Oh. It's raining.
Reaching Singapore...
I see Woodlands Checkpoint!



No comments:
Post a Comment