Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave a message on the Cbox at the sidebar to let me know you visited!
You can also navigate to my Twitter, Google+, Instagram and Tumblr accounts (links to your right)! Do add me if you know me :)
Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 21, 2010

AAARRGGGHHH I HATE SCHOOL

Zzzz. OK for YOU (yes, you) who have been checking this blog all along for the past 2 months, sorry for the delay of posts. Because. I. Am. Too. Busy. That's why I hate school.

For all of you interested to know, Taiwan was great. OK at least my trip was great. :) Loved the feeling of skipping school. But after I came back wasn't that great. Make-up lessons, make-up lessons, extra homework... I had to catch up at least 3-4 lessons for every subject. But now I'm fine, of course. I even took the CA2.

On August 14 another major event happened and I was involved in it. The Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games Opening Ceremony. VS Choir was chosen to come on stage to sing the National Anthem (did you notice??). Rehearsals started a week after I got home from Taiwan. The F1 pit stop was the holding area, and we went to the Floating Platform when it was time for our Component Rehearsals or Combined Rehearsals (Whole thing). We took very long to learn how to walk, that is, walk in an orderly fashion.

Because of the YOG, we had to skip some classes on Wednesday. Or rather, we could skip. And after Wednesday rehearsals, we were allowed to come on Thursday after recess. YAY. Usually the CCRs ended quite late (but not late as they expected), like 10 PM? It's a little creepy in school at that time.

On the actual day, things were very different. There was a security check, and instead of the usual CRs, we had nothing to do until the actual thing. So we spent around 8 hours eating, drinking, talking, sleeping. Until it was around 7 PM then we left for the floating platform. Our item was the National Anthem which was at around 8:30 PM. Before we went on stage, we had to crawl along the staircases to our initial positions. We couldn't stand up or else we would be spotted. Soon we were on the stage. We kinda went outta line, like really a lot. We were supposed to look up while singing. And there were giant spotlights up there. Saw all the VIPs, people with black blazers... I almost cried staring at the lights. And probably other reasons.

To be standing up there on stage for the National Anthem was such an honour. Probably I didn't feel it this way when it was the rehearsals. But know I could. Maybe it's all the people there. And I know I'm part of the Opening Ceremony which was aired to the whole world. :)

Yay. That's it. I'm sadded by the fact that I have a VR for Higher Chinese. Because I got 60/90!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Argh. Luckily for me, Maths is VR. ;) OK, got some stuff to do now, blog again next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

©2013 Silas Blogs