Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave a message on the Cbox at the sidebar to let me know you visited!
You can also navigate to my Twitter, Google+, Instagram and Tumblr accounts (links to your right)! Do add me if you know me :)
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Yea I been there 2 (too)

I took this image just today. I went to Choa Chu Kang before going to Boon Lay again. When I entered Lot 1 Shoppers' Mall, I was surprised by its smallness in size and capacity. Well, it was shaped in an inverted L-shape, with 5 levels, the top being the Roof Garden and Shaw Theatres. Despite its simplicity, many shoppers were attracted to the mall as there was a sale on the ground floor, just right in front of the departmental store BHG. Each level was the same in size. One could use just 3 minutes to walk the whole level. That's how small it is. There is a Popular bookstore on level 3 though, in the section of the inverted L that juts out. Weird shape. Other than a library, Popular bookstore, roof garden and a theatre, there's nothing much about this mall. However I must not forget its basement level. Well the shape and area is the same, but this level holds what they call the 'Food Alley'. I've walked through it a couple of times, to be amazed by the unique arrangement of the stalls and their seatings. It was sort of in a square, with the food stalls located at the rim, and paths in between the stalls lead hungry eaters to the dining area just behind the stall. Not all stalls have dining areas though. Only 4 have. I guess you can eat doughnuts standing? Well the dining area is compressed into a square shape, and the borders separating the sections of different stalls are unique. There is a small fountain in the middle, and four railings branch out from it, dividing the square cross-diagonally. BEAUTIFUL. And this Food Alley is also situated in the jut-out part of the L, with famous chain stores Subway, Mos Burger and KFC included, either in the square or by the side. The rest of the basement level is filled with food stalls such as these, ba zhang, cakes, pastries, herbal tea, noodles, Old Chang Kee etc. I walked around a few times, looking at the stalls and what they sell, before finally deciding upon a fried snack. I bought a bag of Crispy Calamari Rings at Chippy, British Take Away. A bag of 15 yummy, chewy calamari rings for just $4.80! It's so worth it! When I was asked whether I wanted spicy or non-spicy, I immediately answered spicy. I saw the stall holder shake some chili powder, salt and pepper into the bowl of just-fried rings before transferring into a paper bag. When she was done, I received a bag of fragrant calamari rings, and some chili sauce in a plastic container. It smelled so good. I started eating. The chili was SO NICE. I loved the salt and pepper too. You could go down to Choa Chu Kang and try too. Well after everything, I took the MRT. And that's when I took the picture too. Well, I guess Lot 1 Shoppers' Mall isn't too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

©2013 Silas Blogs