Saturday, July 18, 2009
I was speechless about Speech Day.
What a wonderful Speech Day today was! Well, I couldn't know if it was really THAT wonderful, cause the whole day I was cooped in the Music Room. We were practising 'I Believe I Can Fly' for the umpteen time. And we were released at 5.15 pm. Released, as in, for the performance. While the MC started "Victoria School Choir has received numerous achievements, including a Gold with Honours in this year's SYF...blah blah blah" we walked up the stage confidently (at least I did). The amber spotlights flashed on us as the band started playing. The audience was an 800 mass. 'Kept in the dark', I couldn't figure out the VIPs. But I knew the audience consisted of students, parents and teachers. We started singing from the ninth bar. "I used to think that I could not go on... and life was nothing but an awful song... but now I know the meaning of true love... I'm leaning on the everlasting arms..." After the song was finished, we received a thousand explodes of applause. I never heard anything like that before! It was a blast.
Labels:
Chat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
©2013 Silas Blogs



No comments:
Post a Comment