Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave a message on the Cbox at the sidebar to let me know you visited!
You can also navigate to my Twitter, Google+, Instagram and Tumblr accounts (links to your right)! Do add me if you know me :)
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Orchard Central

On Sunday I went to Orchard Central for the first time. Well, open so long liao then I go...nvm. When we approached Orchard Central, we saw this quite-long escalator and many people were riding it. So we took a ride too. It went all the way to L3. Cool! But it was high anyway so we didn't continue on another ride to L7. We went in the shopping centre and oh my, wasn't it nice! The design of the mall was SUPER UNIQUE. It was sort of a cube, then some path to somewhere...here and there...ramps, super nice. Like a maze. I noticed that on each floor, there was a name for it. L3's name was 'The Runway'. We took the escalator up to L4 (Exchange@4) and walked to some part of the mall where there were MANY lifts. Like 10. There were 2 different services of the lifts. One was L1-10, and the other was selected levels: L1, L4, L7, L9 AND L11. And of course we wanted to take a ride on the lift to the highest floor possible, so we took the one that went to L11. The lift was made of like metal and glass?? The back panel was totally glass so you could see out. But the lift door was made of GLASS too!!! Nice!! And if I haven't mentioned, the lift was quite fast and thus it was a little scary. Skipping every few floors, it speeds up a lot. Finally we reached L11, which had been labelled as 'Roof Garden'. Well, I thought it was the boring kind with a few flower pots and trees and they call it a roof garden. But I was wrong this time. SUPER WRONG. Anyway, we took the escalator up to L12 to another roof garden (we thought it would be nicer than the one on L11, anyway they're linked). We went reached, I WAS SUPER SHOCKED. There were 2 restaurants, one on each side of the escalator. Straight ahead, I saw the bright sunlight. And lush greenery. It was heaven on earth. Yeah, sort of. You get what I mean. The path was giant tiles and the rest of the place was plants and ponds filled with plants and algae. Then there was the BEAUTIFUL urban scenery. I could see all the buildings, towers, a distant green forest. Aw you know...not really forest lah...in Singapore you know the kind where there's a place with just big trees and long grass...?? Nvm. So we walked around, taking pictures with my phone. Many people were there, too. Ah...great place...so relaxing... :) There were some wire sculptures hung around the garden too. Nice. Then we took some more pictures before going down to L11 by staircase. Then we went down until L9 by escalator. It was car park all the way there. Then we decided to take the lift. We took the one that goes on selected floors, to L7 (Verandah), then we went out and then took the lift that goes on every floor. We got of at L6 (The Ramp). This level was so cool. It was like all the shops were along a ramp, and there were like 2 paths, just like those messy ramps. Nice. Then there was UrbanWrite on L5 (also The Ramp). Then we went all the way down to L1. And I noticed that L2 was also 'The Runway', same as L3. Yay. Orchard Central. It was nice. The wonderful pictures I took will be next on the blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

©2013 Silas Blogs