Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave a message on the Cbox at the sidebar to let me know you visited!
You can also navigate to my Twitter, Google+, Instagram and Tumblr accounts (links to your right)! Do add me if you know me :)
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 20, 2009

THE MUSICAL'S A SUCCESS! Sort of.

Yesterday soon after I arrived at the church at 2:35 PM, the main actors and actresses were already getting ready for make-up. I swiftly went to change into my white short-sleeved shirt and black long pants. Soon, I had powder on my face and eye liner drawn. O.o Then lipstick. Eww! It was super red. I managed to wipe off some, with tissue (of course NOT in front of the make-up artist lah!).

Then as we were about to start Rehearsal 1, another make-up artist applied some strawberry flavoured lip gloss on me. My lips of course. This was better...it was pink, not red. We started the first rehearsal good. I didn't forget my lines. Everything went on fine. Then the rehearsal ended at about 5:40 PM and we had dinner break. Fried rice was prepared for us. Yummy. Then we continued on the second rehearsal at about 6:10 PM. I had to 'bu zhuang' (reapply make-up). Rehearsal 2 went on fine. It was about 7:05 PM already and people were starting to stream into the church. Gordon arrived and we kinda chatted.

The musical started off with a short speech and some hymns. Then the real thing was about to start. We prepared the props for Scene 1 in a jiffy. The dancers and actors prepared on stage. The music played. I entered the dance on time. This is it! The real thing! I was thinking. Then Scene 1 was over before I knew it. I quickly put on my tie and prepared for my next scene (Scene 4). I did my next scene super well. :) Well I felt so. IT WAS FINALLY OVER!!! YAY!!!

I watched most of the rest of the musical through a gap in between the slide and a giant board. Aah...the musical was going on well! When the whole thing was over, Uncle YunGuang gave a speech before we sang the hymn 'The Greatest Blessing' (这一生最美的祝福). All the actors came out and sang with everyone, including us. After everything was done, I went out to meet Gordon again. We had cake and packet drinks, and chatted for quite some time before his parents came and fetched him home. It was a wonderful day!!! Great. Thank God that many non-believers attended this musical and hope that they will be touched and become Christians someday. Hallelujah! Praise God! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

©2013 Silas Blogs