As I'm singing this song for VS Open House 2009 in choir this Saturday, I was interested to find the original version from the movie Prince of Egypt (which we are singing). The difference from the movie version and the Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston version is that the movie version has added a Hebrew 'rap' (which is not too 'rappy' but rather it's catchy) after the 2nd chorus. I LOVE THE HEBREW PART!!! :) Anyway, so I decided to put up the video and the lyrics for all to see and hear. Enjoy!!! :)
Many nights we've prayed
With no proof anyone could hear
And our hearts a hopeful song
We barely understood
Now we are not afraid
Although we know there's much to fear
We were moving mountains long
Before we knew we could
With no proof anyone could hear
And our hearts a hopeful song
We barely understood
Now we are not afraid
Although we know there's much to fear
We were moving mountains long
Before we knew we could
There can be miracles
When you believe
Though hope is frail
It's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles
You can achieve
When you believe
Somehow you will
You will when you believe
In this time of fear
When prayer so often proved in vain
Hope seemed like the summer birds
Too swiftly flown away
Yet now I'm standing here
With heart so full, I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words
I never thought I'd say
There can be miracles
When you believe
Though hope is frail
It's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles
You can achieve
When you believe
Somehow you will
You will when you believe
Ashira l'Adonai ki gaoh gaah
When you believe
Though hope is frail
It's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles
You can achieve
When you believe
Somehow you will
You will when you believe
In this time of fear
When prayer so often proved in vain
Hope seemed like the summer birds
Too swiftly flown away
Yet now I'm standing here
With heart so full, I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words
I never thought I'd say
There can be miracles
When you believe
Though hope is frail
It's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles
You can achieve
When you believe
Somehow you will
You will when you believe
Ashira l'Adonai ki gaoh gaah
Ashira l'Adonai ki gaoh gaah
Michamocha baelim adonai
Michamocha ne darbakodesh
Nachitah v'chas-d'cha am zu gaalta
Nachitah v'chas-d'cha am zu gaalta
Ashira ashira ashira
Ashira l'Adonai ki gaoh gaah
Ashira l'Adonai ki gaoh gaah
Michamocha baelim adonai
Michamocha ne darbakodesh
Nachitah v'chas-d'cha am zu gaalta
Nachitah v'chas-d'cha am zu gaalta
Ashira ashira ashira
When you believe
Though hope is frail
It's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles
You can achieve
When you believe
Somehow you will, now you will
You will when you believe
You will when you believe



No comments:
Post a Comment